1. SELF-DEFENSE FOR EVERYONE Regular Karate practice teaches you viable self defense skills in a safe and supportive manner. You will not only learn what to do, but when to use your skills. With the knowledge to defend oneself comes great responsibility. Students at our academy are trained NOT to misuse their skills.
2. FITNESS & ATHLETIC IMPROVEMENT Karate practice pushes you to a higher level of physical achievement. It literally challenges every body part while sharpening the mind to a crisp focus that athletes refer to as “the zone.” Karate practitioners usually excel in most other sports too. Additionally Adults who are looking for something more satisfying than a gym routine find martial arts invigorating and a great way to tone up, build strength and enhance cardio-vascular endurance.
3. CONFIDENCE As students progress, the confidence a student gains enables them to excel in all areas of life. Difficult tasks and personal challenges are no longer greeted with reluctance or hesitation.
4. SELF-DISCIPLINE/ IMPULSE CONTROL Parents tell us they see immediate improvement with discipline and self-control when their children enrolls in Karate. We teach character development and positive behavior while in a fun environment. Similarly, adults also enjoy disciplined environments to help them achieve their goals.
5. LEARNING COMMITMENT AND FOLLOW-THROUGH Children prone to quitting learn the perseverance necessary to finish what they start in times of increased difficulty.
6. BLACK BELT EXCELLENCE Each class we emphasize that black belt represents EXCELLENCE. Eventually students begin to ask themselves, “How would a black belt act?“ This is a powerful motivator that often makes massive changes in the behavior and attitude of children and teens alike.
7. RESPECT/COURTESY Karate begins and ends with RESPECT. Our students are taught that respect is the most important aspect of their training and to always display this to parents, teachers, siblings and elders.
8. LEARNING DISABILITIES SUCH AS ADD/ADHD Many doctors recommend Karate as an alternative supplement to medication and therapy to those diagnosed with learning disabilities or minor personality and social disorders.
9. PASSIVE / AGGRESSIVE Children who are aggressive become more subdued and passive through martial arts training and those who are usually shy become more assertive. Karate has a moderating effect that creates an overall better child with greater potential in life.
10. STRESS RELIEF FOR ADULTS Any regular exercise is scientifically proven to relieve stress, but being able to get that exercise surrounded by a supportive community - the dojo where you train - can go a long way to put you at ease. Stress management in Karate is manifested in several training methods and techniques which includes breathing and relaxation techniques. According to experts, these drills may help reduce stress and anxiety.Karate training includes many deep breathing exercises, similar to the techniques of yoga, that produce a calming effect.
11. IMPROVED BLOOD PRESSURE AND HEART RATE Through regular and dedicated Karate training, you will reduce your resting heart rate and feel healthier. Practicing Karate that involves rapid and repetitive movements at high intensity requires a level of fitness that after a while may help to lower your blood pressure and heart rate.
12. IMPROVED WEIGHT LOSS Karate will definitely help you lose weight and get more fit. If you are looking to get rid of some excess weight, get your health back in order, and eliminate a couple of inches off your stomach, then Karate training is very much for you.
Due to the total-body nature of Karate training, tons of calories are burned during every class. Karate engages the entire body with rigorous movements and develops speed and power in both the arms and legs. You will use your hands, feet, elbows, and knees, and each strike will engage your core abdominal muscles and offer an excellent full body workout. On average, you can burn from 600 to 800 calories in a single workout., but if you participate in specialized training like sparring classes or pad work classes, you can burn up to 1000 calories during a one-hour session.
"Training begins and ends with a bow of respect."
~ Gichin Funakoshi ~
"The ultimate aim of karate lies not in victory nor defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants ”
~ Gichin Funakoshi~
CONTACT: Claycomb Academy of Martial Arts CKA HEADQUARTERS 14976 Foothill Blvd., Suite #200 Fontana, CA 92335 TEL: 909-829-1642 E-mail: email@example.com